Copyright 2019 © Cabot Guns All rights Reserved
The S103 Commander
For daily carry, many refuse to stray from the 1911 pattern of perfection. Through years of modification and iteration after iteration of “improvement,” the industry has created variations on the original John Moses Browning design tailored for carry – accomplished in part through modification of the internal design and function of hallowed 1911. At Cabot, this departure from perfection was deemed unsatisfactory. At Cabot, instead we do it right, and we do it better. With those words on our lips and that promise in our blood, we birthed the Cabot S103 Commander – a reengineered vision of the perfection embodied in John Moses Browning’s pistol model of 1911.
What separates the Cabot S103 from an industry oversaturated with imitations truly lies beneath. Where other Commander models fundamentally alter the 1911 design by shortening frame rails, adjusting the cycle length to shorten rearward travel, and affecting the timing of recoil and feeding, the Cabot remains true to internal ordnance prints. To the eye, the S103 appears a standard commander-length slide and frame, but upon takedown the shooter discovers that the internal dimensions of a full-size 5” barreled 1911 have been preserved. Your Cabot S103 Commander has the same cycle length and internal function as the ever dependable sidearm designed by Browning which has served armed forces worldwide for over a hundred years – “full cycle technology” as our engineers have termed it. The proven pedigree of the 1911 has been re-engineered in carry-size to ensure better feeding, consistent ejection, and above all – reliability. You’ll sacrifice nothing in electing to carry the Cabot S103 at your side.
Second only to the importance of reliability in a gun designed for carry is that of grip – one which is easily obtained, effortlessly maintained, and repeatable ad infinitum. To this end, the Cabot S103 has created a functional beauty, all the while sacrificing neither. Cabot’s premier wire-EDM cut Tristar trigger set to 3.5 – 4.0 pounds of pull is housed in a trigger guard contoured and relieved for the shooter’s hand – a high-rise cut underneath provides for a more positive grip on the pistol. With precision machined rhombus checkering along the main spring housing and full face of the front strap, a firm and consistent grip is the hallmark of Cabot’s entry into the 1911 carry game. Further expanding on Cabot’s attention to detail, the S103 comes wrapped in Fibonacci inspired spiral designed grips, featuring the Cabot shield beautifully inlaid into the wood.
Also available in full left-handed configuration, this masterpiece comes in a stainless finish, or as an option for added protection and distinction Cabot’s black Diamond Like Carbon finish. The S103 awaits your orders. Take full advantage of Cabot’s mirroring process, and for the first time bring home a pair of perfectly matched left and right handed 1911′s.
Current Delivery Time: 30- 90 Days
The Cabot S103
- Modern 1911 styling
- Available in .45 ACP or 9 mm
- Cabot Frame and Slide Constructed from 416 Stainless Steel Billet
- Proprietary Hardening
- Matte Finish
- 4.25 in. Stainless Steel Match Grade Barrel, Hand-Fit, Crown Cut and Flush Fit
- Polished Feed Ramp
- Cabot Trinity Stripes Rear Slide Serrations
- Top Slide Serrations
- Lowered and Flared Ejection Port
- Cabot Aluminum Tristar Trigger
- Rhombus Cut Front Strap Checkering 24 LPI
- Rhombus Checkered Billet Made Main Spring Housing
- Cabot Panzerstahl Perfect Fit Ejector
- Cabot Billet One Piece Full Length Guide Rod
- Billet Thumb Safety
- Billet – Idiot Scratch Proof – Slide Stop
- Billet Magazine Release
- Billet Beaver Tail Grip Safety
- Cabot Billet Constructed Barrel Bushing
- Cabot Reverse Dovetail Front Sight – White Dot, Optional Gold Dot or Tritium available
- Low Mount Fixed Rear Sight, Optional Tritium Bar available
- Optional Low Mount Adjustable Rear Sight, Black or Tritium Bar
- Beveled Magazine Well
- Fibonacci G-10 Grips or G-10 Tactile Grips standard
- Optional Grips Walnut Fibonacci, Checkered Walnut, or Desert Ironwood available
- Two 8 Round Magazines
- Cabot Bushing Wrench and Gun Lock
Overall Length: 7.94″
Weight (empty): 33.5 oz.
Weight (loaded): 41.8 oz.
Sight Radius: 5.765″
Barrel Data: Match Grade 1:16″ L.H. Twist, 6 grooves
Accuracy Guarantee Better Than: 1.5″ at 25 yards
To place an order, select your pistol options below. On checkout you will be given the option to pay in full OR place a $500 deposit to begin your build. Once we receive your deposit, we will confirm your options and start your Cabot.