Copyright 2019 © Cabot Guns All rights Reserved
The SOB 2.0
NEW LIMITED EDITION OFFERING - Only 20 Units
Ask most people about sequels and they’ll always say, “Not as good as the first.” When Cabot Guns introduced the the First Lucky SOBs to the “Son of Relic” the limited 10-unit production 1911, with its sepia-toned acid etching, became an instant classic. Never one to rest on our laurels, we proudly introduce what may be the best sequel ever: SOB 2.0.
The SOB 2.0, like its predecessor, recalls storied images of yesteryear. SOB evoked the essence of western pioneers, hardy American stock settling a new and untamed land. And while there are hints of that same spirit, one look at SOB 2.0 brings to mind a more recent set of American heroes. Instead of riding across the Continental Divide, brave men like Sergeant Alvin York carried the 1911 into battle on the Western Front, confronting the enemy with remarkable courage and a trusty 1911.
SOB 2.0 features the same innovative acid-etched finish as Son of Relic. The sepia tones remain, as does the hand-engraved labyrinthine detail, the hallmark of FEGA Master Engraver Otto Carter. Mr. Carter has previously crafted many custom 1911 pistol works of art for Cabot Guns, including The Sixth Commandment, The Legend of Sacromonte, Pandemonium, Le Nouveau and, of course, SOB – Son of Relic.
The SOB 2.0 might remind one of an old heirloom, a grandfather’s memento of his service in the war to end all wars, but it is indeed brand new and employs state-of-the-art construction techniques. The sepia-toned acid etching process used to create the pistol’s rich palette of pigments is painstakingly completed by hand. Inspired by the custom works that preceded it, Cabot craftsmen begin each SOB 2.0 completely from scratch. We start with a humble block of American stainless steel to create the industry’s most perfect frames and slides upon which the SOB 2.0 is meticulously crafted.
As the antiqued colors and character draw you in, your eyes become lost amid the intricate Germanic scrollwork. The 2.0’s standard grips, hand-crafted from exotic wood, enhance the historic look of the pistol. Striking yet complimentary, mammoth ivory grips are also available as an option.
No detail is overlooked. From our unique reverse dovetail front sight to the EDM wire made hammer, from the front and rear straps to the precision-grade deep curve Tristar trigger, the Cabot SOB 2.0’s controls are all crafted with the unparalleled precision and quality you expect from every Cabot 1911.
Cabot’s obsessive commitment to excellence, paired with Otto Carter’s masterful handiwork, have once again combined to create an exclusive, heirloom-quality 1911. Chambered in .45 ACP and available as a limited production of only twenty pistols, this is one SOB that will make its own history—and be treasured for generations to come.
If you missed out on the original SOB, here’s your chance to claim a coveted place among the next generation of heroic Cabot owners!
The Cabot SOB 2.0 is a Limited Edition of 20 Pistols that will be built and delivered from 2020-2021. Your build slot and serial number will be based on a first come first served basis.
- Available in .45acp
- Cabot Frame and Slide constructed from 416 Stainless Steel Billet
- Hand Engraved by Master Engraver Otto Carter
- Acid Etched Relic Finish
- 5” Stainless Steel Match Grade Barrel, Hand-Fit, Crown Cut, Flush Fit
- Polished Feed Ramp
- Top Slide Serrations
- Lowered and Flared Ejection Port
- Cabot Tri-Star Trigger to 3.5#-4#
- Rhombus Checkered Front Strap at 24 LPI
- Rhombus Checkering on Main Spring Housing at 24 LPI
- Cabot Machined in Place Perfect Fit Ejector
- Cabot Billet One Piece Full Length Guide Rod
- Billet Thumb Safety
- Billet – Idiot Scratch Proof – Slide Stop
- Billet Magazine Release
- Billet Beaver Tail Grip Safety
- Cabot Billet Constructed Barrel Bushing
- Cabot Reverse Dovetail Front Sight – White Dot
- Ledge Rear Sight Designed by Cabot/ACW Master Gunsmith Rob Schauland
- Exotic Wood Grips Crafted From Select Hawaiian Heart of Mango with inlaid Cabot Medallion
- Optional: Mammoth Ivory Grips
- Two 8 Round Magazines
- Cabot Bushing Wrench and Gun Lock
- Consecutive Serial Numbers SOB2-1 through SOB2-20